Your contract is with Zara’s Planet Ltd SC343247. The Company’s registered office is Landrick Stables, Perth Road, Dunblane, FK15 OHY. Zara’s Planet Ltd is hereinafter referred to as “the Company” or “we” in respect of the Booking Conditions, which apply to all of the tours offered by the Company.
Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully
- To make a booking with the Company you must send a completed booking form with a cheque, bank transfer or credit card number as a deposit for your holiday. The deposit varies by holiday and depends on the Outfitters conditions but never more than 50% of holiday price. A legally binding contract is made only when we accept your booking by sending you a confirmation invoice. The contract is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- The balance of the tour price and any extra add ons (where applicable) is payable 8 weeks before the departure date. If you book less than 8 weeks before the relevant departure date, you must pay the expedition price in full on booking.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase cancellation insurance once you have paid your deposit which covers you against unavoidable cancellation.
- You must be covered by adequate insurance before participating in a tour. Insurance must include cover for medical expenses and repatriation costs should you become too ill to continue your trip. We reserve the right to cancel your trip if we are not satisfied that you have adequate insurance prior to departure. Those horse riding without hard hats, do so entirely at their own risk. On commencement of your trip with the outfitter, you may be asked to sign an indemnity waiver before your activity holiday can commence.
- Medical vaccinations, passports, visas etc, are entirely your responsibility and must be arranged prior to departure. We can take no responsibility for cancellation of your trip in the event that you are not allowed to fly. If you are unable to travel due to lack of appropriate passport or visa we reserve the right to retain the cost of the trip. If we arrange your visa for an administration fee of £50 and this is refused, the administration fee will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel your booking before final payment is due, cancellation charges on the tour price will be imposed as shown below:
a. 12 weeks or more prior to departure – loss of deposit
b. 8-12 weeks before departure – 50% of tour costs
c. Less than 55 days before departure – 100% of tour costsAll cancellations must be in writing and made by the person who signed the booking form. Once a deposit is received for the trip, there will be no refunds on air tickets or insurance policies.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour. However we will not do so unless forced to by virtue of unforeseen circumstances such as flight cancellations, civil or political unrest or “force majeure”. In the events of cancellation, we will offer you an alternative tour to the same destination to utilise your airfare costs if this is not acceptable, all the payments made to the Company in respect of the tour will be refunded excluding your airfare costs. We do not accept liability from any incidental expenses you may incur as a result of cancellation or for any loss or damage caused arising out of cancellation.
- The price of your holiday is subject to surcharges, should they arise or change, on the following items: Government action, currency fluctuations, increases in fuel for road vehicles and increases and surcharges imposed by airlines and operators. In these cases, we will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price, excluding insurance premiums and any amendment changes. Only amounts in excess of 2% will be surcharged. If this means paying more than 10% on the holiday price you will be entitled to cancel your tour within 14 days of the invoice issue date, with a full refund with the exception of air fare and any insurance premium paid.
- Payments may be made to the Company by direct bank transfer, cheque or credit card. A 3% of total holiday price will be added to balance payments or full payment should you wish to pay by credit card. This is not included in the quoted, brochure or website price.
- Prices quoted by the company are subject to change; if bookings are less than 8 weeks prior to departure; if the flight price has increased at the time of Booking. We reserve the right to pass this surcharge to the client.
- You may transfer your booking to another expedition prior to 12 weeks before departure and if there is availability, in which case a nominal transfer administration charge will be added to your final invoice. Any changes made by the client after 56 days before departure are subject to the Company’s discretion and subject to a nominal administration fee and any additional costs incurred by the Company in respect of that charge.
- All itineraries in the brochure and website are suggested only. Trip arrangements are planned many months in advance and occasionally changes may be made to a trip itinerary. The Company reserves the right change the itinerary. Tours of this kind by their very nature require a degree of flexibility from the client. A published itinerary is to be taken as the aim of the expedition and not a contractual obligation. Changes in route, method of transport or meal plan may be required as a result of weather, local political conditions, natural disasters (including landslides), strikes, border regulations, mechanical breakdowns, flight cancellations, seasickness, logistical complications or other unforeseen circumstances. You must be prepared to accept this flexibility and to accept that we cannot be held responsible for delays and alterations in the schedule, or for expenses incurred as a result of any delay or alterations arising from any such circumstances.
- Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical conditions must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the holiday. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the holiday in which case all monies paid will be forfeit. If the chosen holiday includes a cruise or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim or is fearful of being on water or sea. This may not prevent the client from participating in the holiday but will enable the Company to take additional precautions for the Client’s safety at such times as may be appropriate. Should the client partake in an activity available at the holiday location or offered by the Outfitter, which is not listed in the itinerary prepared and supplied to the client by the Company, the Company will not accept responsibility for safety procedures, training given or participation in this activity.
- The company shall not be liable for any damage caused to the client by failure to perform the contract or the improper performance of the contract where the failure or the improper performance is due neither to any fault of the Company or outfitter acting on the Company’s behalf nor to that of another supplier of services because:
a. The failure which occurs in the performance of the contract is attributable to the client
b. Such failure is attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for, and are unforeseeable or unavoidable or
c. Such failure is due to
1. Force majeure or
2. An event which the company, the outfitter acting on his behalf or the supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee of forestall. In the case of damage other than death or personal injury or damage caused by the wilful misconduct or gross negligence of the company the amount of compensation which will be paid to the client will be limited to, in the case of an adult an amount equal to double the inclusive price of the Package to the adult concerned, and, in the case of a minor an amount equal to the inclusive price of the Package to the minor concerned.
In the event of any liability on the part of the Company for injury, illness or death, no payment will be made unless the following conditions are complied with:
a. The client must advise the Company in relation to the injury or illness while the client is at the resort and must also write to the Company within three months of the completion of the holiday.
b. The client must transfer any rights that the client has, in respect of such injury, illness or death against any person to the Company.
c. The client must co-operate fully with the Company to enable the Company to enforce such rights.
d. Any payments that the Company is obliged to make will be limited as follows:
1. For international transport by air – the liability of the Company is limited to the sum fixed by the Warsaw Convention as amended by the Hague Protocol 1995 or any amendments thereto
2. For international transport by water – up to the highest amount allowed under the Athens Convention.
e. Liability for loss, delay or damage to baggage is limited to the sum fixed by the Warsaw Convention as amended by the Hague Protocol 1995 or any amendments thereto.
- If the Client has a complaint about any of the holiday arrangements the Client must bring it to the attention of the host and the Company while participating in the holiday so that the host and the Company may use their best endeavors to rectify the situation. The company accepts reverse charge calls from any country for such complaints provides Client’s are provided with a 24/7 emergency number for this purpose. It is only if the Company is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Failure to complain on the spot will result in the Client’s ability to claim compensation from the Company being extinguished or reduced. Should the issue reported remain unresolved, a complaint must be made in writing to the Company within 1 week of the completion of the holiday.
- The holidays operated or supplied by the Company have been designed to provide participants with an exposure to the true nature of the environment visited and therefore involve an element of personal risk and exposure to potential hazards over and above those associated with general “package” holidays. All bookings are accepted on the understanding that such risks and hazards are appreciated by the Client and that they undertake all tours, treks and other activities of their own volition.
a. Horse riding participants have a responsibility for understanding the requirements of the ride/tour when selecting a riding holiday with the assistance of the Company. Make sure you read the rider experience level descriptions and the requirement of the rider level which is described for each riding holiday by the Company. For the protection of all participants, the ride leader reserves the right to prevent anyone from riding who displays insufficient ability or whose behaviour endangers the safety of the other riders, themselves or the horses. No refunds are made to a participant who is rejected for such reason.
b. Ride participants must provide as part of the booking their riding experience, weight and height accurately. If a participant’s weight increases from the time of filling out the form to partaking in the holiday they must inform the company of the change prior to traveling. Any inaccuracies that result in the participant being prevented from participating will not incur any liability or refund.
c. Any participant who does not want their testimonials or photos used in future promotional materials or on the Company website should notify the company accordingly.